Health Insurance Connecticut
Many people in Connecticut are uninsured. People believe they cannot afford it. Other individuals are without incomes because of unemployment thus do not have the available funds for health insurance.
There is insurance for the uninsured.
Many individuals are at higher risk because of pre-existing conditions However, the uninsured thus have a few options available to them. These plans are available through AccessHealthCT.com. These plans help uninsured individuals and families.
Health insurance in Connecticut is state-sponsored. Consequently it offers a full health insurance package, regardless of family income. Children and teenagers are covered. They are insured for Doctors’ visits, prescriptions, vision and dental costs.
This plan offers additional services for uninsured special needs children. Husky is low-cost or free for most families. Families with high incomes can get Husky healthcare for children at a group rate.
Medicaid for Low-Income Adults
MLIA (Medicaid for Low-Income Adults) is available to Connecticut residents aged 19 to 64. These would be people who do not receive federal Supplemental Security Income. They therefore also do not receive Medicare.
Health Insurance Benefits include:
- Long-term care/skilled nursing facility
- Home health care
- Non-emergency medical transportation
- An Asset test for eligibility however is not needed
- Furthermore no digital imaging is required
- Coverage renewal will be done on an annual basis, not every six months
Health Care Law is therefore making a difference to the uninsured in Connecticut.
Since 2010, Connecticut has received $23.8 billion in grants. This fund was created to support effective policies . As a result the policies are intended to help Americans lead longer more productive lives.
- The Affordable Care Act has thus increased funding in all 50 states.
- Health centers in Connecticut have received $45.3 million. This has thus created health care center sites in medically underserved areas.
- Patients are given more help.
- Great support is offered for major construction and renovation projects
- Improvements are being made in Preventive Care. Examples are regular check-ups and cancer screenings